Monday, October 25, 2010

Rabbits and Hats OH MY

No I've not quite lost the plot yet.

Every month it seems I have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to pay my bills.

In the last 10 months I have received help from my friends and help from my mother.

I've also been selling anything that will sell (except my body which probably wouldn't sell anyway ROFLMAO).

And recently instead of reinvesting my PTR earnings in advertising, upgrades, or affiliate pages I've been transferring them to my savings account (linked to my PayPal account) and then quickly transferring them to my checking account which always seem to be in danger of outgo exceeding income.

This is all very tiring.

And the rabbit has been getting grumpier and grumpier each month.  This month I swear he threatened to kick the stuffing out of me if something didn't change.

This evening I opened a vintage metal box that said 'various necklaces.'  As this box had belonged to my grandmother I expected her usual costume jewelry and for the most part I was not disappointed (disgruntled perhaps but not disappointed).

Then I opened a small cardboard box that was inside the large vintage metal box -- that box said antique metal evening bags. 

Now I know enough to not get excited when my grandmother called anything antique (as mentioned in this post both she and my mother have a very fluid definition of  'antique')

http://suellenjillroley.blogspot.com/2010/06/fenton-glass-brass-candlesticks-and.html

I took one look at the contents of the box and my eyeballs just about popped out of my head.

For once she was right to call something antique.  These metal mesh evening bags are probably from the 1920's and in excellent condition to boot.

The rabbit however continued grumbling and making comments about kicking the stuffing out of me (perhaps even biting me for good measure) until I googled for the value of these evening bags.

I don't expect to get the $212.00 that one is selling for online.....but I don't think that $50.00-$100.00 each is too much to be expected.

Me and the rabbit were going along before this thinking well we will be lucky to get the $50.00 we need for the Bend Broadband bill  from the other stuff we are selling (vintage chair in not the greatest condition, vintage Fisher-Price pull toy, Fenton glass bowl from the 1970's, religious statuary, etc).

The rabbit stopped grumbling.  Lets hope the proceeds of tomorrow's sales are enough so that he doesn't start grumbling again for a month--and by that time I might have a job.

We are hop hop hopping on out of here for the night.

No comments: