Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fenton Glass, Brass Candlesticks, and Pink Stickers

No I haven't lost the plot. LOL.

I've been spending the last week going through stuff in my house and carport in preparation for a yard sale this coming weekend.

I'd like to know what possessed my mother and grandmother to mark boxes 'antique glass' when the boxes didn't even contain collectible or vintage glass much less antique glass. 

After about the 5th box that was marked 'antique glass' but held none, I threatened to buy a gun and shoot the next box that was marked 'antique glass' (plus contents) to smithereens.

On the bright side, in the last 2 weeks or so I've found several highly collectible items.

Some went to antique dealers here in town (Fenton glass miniature shoes, drawings of local landmarks, a whiskey flask, glass advertising slides, a large Roseville vase, 2 small Hill Art vases, a monogrammed Ronson King cigarette case/lighter, a small pitcher, and a ceramic teapot just to mention a few).

Some are going in my yard sale (a set of 4 vintage Jadite egg cups, a vintage Kodak camera. a Shirley Temple Cobalt Blue creamer, a Yellowstone/Little America souvenir plate, a Fenton glass bowl from the 1970's, a Fenton hobnail glass creamer, a Fenton hobnail glass toothpick holder, and 6 Nasco China bone dishes--again just to mention a few)

Then there's all the miscellaneous stuff:

Brass candlesticks, glass candlesticks, costume jewelry, coffee makers, an upright freezer, a folding wooden dining table, yarn, sewing supplies, blank cds, VHS movies, dvds, never used Nintendo DS Lite with 2 brand new games and a brand new gaming kit, glass votives of every kind, jewelry boxes, glass pitchers, glass cake stands, watches, neckties, mens' t-shirts, picture frames, pens/pencils/markers, playing cards, tools, tool boxes (rolling,  truck size, and small), a watering can, shotglasses from Washington DC, Orlando, and Canada, key chains, belt buckles, a photo frame, sewing thread, crochet hooks, silverplate bell, creamer, sugar bowl, and silverware, small glass boxes, software....

I could go on for days but I have to get back to sticking hot pink price stickers on everything in the house. ROFLMAO!!

3 comments:

Martha said...

We just finished the second purge of the mother-in-law's stuff. I was over there every day for a month, sorting through stuff, so I really feel for you.

Carol said...

Wow, would I ever like to be at your yard sale. :)

But my siblings and I are about to move my parents out of their house they have lived in since 1956 and into an in-law suite at my sister's. I am really dreading dealing with over 50 years worth of 'stuff' in that house. So I have an ideal of what you are going though

Collectible Glass said...

It sounds like you've had some really great collectible items! Make sure you're pricing each item for what it's worth...it can be tricky. The hard work will be worth it as you'll make your customers very happy!