Monday, May 13, 2013

Life in the VERY Busy Lane

It's been over 4 months since I posted here, and there's a whole lot of excellent (and not so excellent!) reasons for my absence from my blogs.

On Thanksgiving Day I got sick with a virulent case of bronchitis that lasted for 3 weeks (a not-so-excellent reason).

One of my Odesk jobs is now 30 hours a week (instead of 20) and I picked up a side job that is approximately another 30 hours per week. The money is nice (from both jobs) but the jobs don't leave a lot of time for anything else.

The two jobs (with a side one thrown in) are excellent reasons for my absence though, thanks to the two jobs I've been able to take my 2 cats to the vet for nail trims and curing two respiratory infections, paying down quite a bit of past due space rent, buying food during the month when the food stamps have run out, and stocking up on cat food and cat litter.

My older cat has had two upper respiratory infections since December, and the first one I had to take him to the vet on the bus. How fun, our buses don't run often (only every 40 minutes during the week--6 am to 6 pm-- every 80 minutes from 8 am to 4 pm on Saturdays, and not at all on Sundays). So it was 40 minutes or so to get to the vets office from my house (2 buses and 1/10 mile walk with a carrier that is big enough for a medium size dog), another 20-30 minutes wait after his exam and nail trim for the return trip, and another 40 minutes before I got home). Luckily for me, the cat, and my fellow bus riders, Mick the cat was very quiet and well-behaved.

I sill don't have a car, so everything takes FOREVER. Even a simple shopping trip is 2 hours because of the buses running every 40 minutes (see paragraph above). On the bright side, still walking and probably going to start riding my bike again soon now that the weather is improving. Have gained some of the weight I lost back, but still looking on the bright side because my feet and ankles no longer swell to the size of footballs!

No comments: