Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life in the Crappy Lane

My cat was trying to escape this morning when I took the garbage out (Wednesday is garbage day). I was paying more attention to him than I was to where I was going, and that nasty door frame just hopped right up and bit my toe. I should not go outside without wearing shoes! It's possibly broken, possibly fractured, definitely seriously bruised. My feet are so swollen from water retention that I can't tell if the toe is swollen or not. It has ached with varying degrees of intensity from the time I did it until now, and I haven't even tried to put any weight on it (I walk using my heel and keep the toe from coming into contact with any surface).

Edited 7/18/2012: Toe is just severely bruised and I will probably lose the toenail sooner or later. Slept with a big puffy shark bedroom slipper protecting that foot for a few nights.

Then to add to the stress level I got a call from a nephrologist (yeah I had to google that one too, she's a kidney doctor). Apparently my primary care physician sent in a referral on June 28th (I don't even remember him discussing this referral with me, and the last time I saw him my kidneys WERE filtering better and my creatine level was lower). Be that as it may, I have an appointment on Tuesday with the nephrologist. So of course, I'm freaking out that my primary care doctor saw something in my bloodwork that he didn't tell me about. And I'm already mad at him because I still don't have the results of last week's bloodwork (Thursday) and echocardiogram (Friday).

I have diabetes (type 2) and that's a real concern with kidney issues. In addition, I retain water like there is no tomorrow, and I haven't been allowed to take my Lasix or my hydrachlorathiazide (diuretics) for at least 3 weeks. My feet usually look like footballs by the end of the day because I spent 90% of my time glued to the computer writing articles (I am seriously underemployed, and the only money I bring in every month is unemployment, PTR earnings, survey earning, other online earnings, and whatever I make from the writing gigs). Even when I wear my lovely compression stockings, my feet are still swollen by the end of day because I just don't get enough exercise.

Edited 7/18/2012: Saw the nephrologist yesterday afternoon. She thinks it was the lasix that stressed out my kidneys, but still thinks its a very good idea to limit my diet coke intake (down to 1-2 12 oz cans a day from 5 or more a day) and continue drinking lots of water. Somehow I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks so I'm happy. Walking helps the feet swelling too.

I was sick Saturday July 7, Sunday July 8, and Monday July 9 with the heat here (87-89) and swollen legs/feet plus extremely sore nipples (was thinking I might be getting my first period in 4 months but so far nothing, so I'm leaning towards thinking I was/am retaining water in my breasts too). So yesterday I finally started feeling better and wrote a whole lot of articles for my Odesk and private clients. Today of course that all went to hell with my toe aching for nearly 12 hours and my stress level over the kidney issues.

Plus I'm having serious problems with a friend (ex-business partner) who has made it clear in every way possible that she does NOT trust me, and when I took offense to this she called me names and said that I didn't do any work on the website anyway. I only created a Facebook page for the business at her insistence(she said she didn't know how to do it), provided customer support both via my personal instant messengers and through the website itself, and added nearly all of the sites for PTP (paid to promote) approval before the site was launched. She thinks that the $12.00 I got from the few sales we made is adequate compensation for probably 12 hours of work altogether. All of this blew up just seconds after I'd hung up with the nephrologist's office and probably 2-3 hours after the toe incident.

No comments: