Thursday, May 26, 2011

Post a Day Challenge: Forced Surfing Revisited

http://suellenjillroley.blogspot.com/2011/05/forced-surfing-few-thoughts.html

I've been thinking more and more about this site.  While I agree that traffic exchanges are in the business of "I look at your site, you look at mine" personally I prefer a more organic type of traffic to my opportunities--not someone who is (like me sometimes) surfing because they have to keep their sites active.

I've had my account suspended at this manual traffic exchange 6 times since I joined which (April 23 2011), all for not having active sites in rotation. The last time I surfed at this site was May 19, 2011 -- one week ago.

Does forced surfing mean I pay MORE or LESS attention to the sites I am being forced to view? I don't know for a fact, but my assumption is that I would pay LESS attention to the sites and MORE attention to the required number of sites I have to view to get unsuspended.

Yes I have discussed the issue with the owner of this particular traffic exchange. It's clear that he's not going to change how he does things but I do wonder why out of all the traffic exchanges I have ever belonged to his site is the ONLY one forcing surfing in this way.

No comments: