Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Found an Online Job

I have been working for a software support company for the last two days.  $9.00 per hour 40 hours per week --no weekends--for the next 3-6 months which will certainly help with bills.

My permanent schedule will be either 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm or 9:00 pm to 5:00 am, but at least for this week of training my hours are 5:30 am (OUCH!!) to 2:30 pm.

Getting up at 5:15 am is killing me! But at least all I have to do is roll out of bed, get dressed, and walk from the bedroom to the dining room.  The only reason I have to get dressed is that the dining room windows look out on the front porch and the street, the blinds are up, and I live across the street from the manager.  Somehow I don't think wearing my birthday suit is a good idea ROFLMAO!!

At first I was very frustrated with this job. I felt old and stupid and was ready to quit this morning.

Then I found out that my co-workers are struggling as much as I am  if not more. 

There's a lot to learn in this job and a lot of terminology that I've never heard before. 

Also, the credentials we need to login to some of the sites we use aren't ready yet so there's been a lot of chatting on skype, getting to know one another, and helping each other when things get frustrating. Our boss is really happy with our teamwork and that makes us happier too.

No comments: