Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bad Customer Service

Well, at Emails for Ads, my banner impression ad was rejected -- no reason given, not even told what site it was for (although I have my suspicions), just a generic rejection form signed by the program owner who has been MIA for literally weeks now.  At least my points were refunded.

At Country Folks PTR, my upgrade was ended yesterday or today with one whole ad still remaining to be submitted.

Although its stated on the site that said upgrade ended on May 5th, I am very frustrated here.  I guess it would have killed this program owner to allow me to have the last 10 point email from the package, as I'd already submitted everything else in the package and I haven't actively promoted this site in a LONG time.

Princess Mails...upgrade ended supposedly last month *April* although I can't tell since the upgrade expiry page at the site leads to a 404 page.  That is nice and convenient for the program owner isn't it now? She can end the upgrades any time she pleases and the member(s) affected can't prove a darn thing.

Kitten Mails removes your upgrade expiration date from the page almost immediately once your upgrade has expired (for example, mine apparently expired the end of April, and is no longer on the page at all).  This again is very convenient for the program owner as she can end the upgrade(s) whenever she feels like it.

The soon to be former owner of JJ Clix (Jane Drayton) ended my upgrade early and then had the balls to lie about it too--not to mention making rude unwarranted personal comments throughout our email conversations.

The thing about LOUSY customer service (and I consider all 5 of these sites to be providing lousy customer service) is that it affects how I feel not only about the sites (and at least 2 of these sites I am stuck at for another month) but how I feel about this so-called industry as a whole.

These program owners want to be treated as business owners.  They should act like business owners then and provide a minimum level of customer service.

Removing an upgrade early, having the expiry page lead to a 404 page, removing information much too quickly from the expiry page, making rude personal comments, and depriving members of ads (even if its 'only' one 10 point ad) is not good customer service nor is it something that a true business owner (such as Andrea Kenney or Aileen Tan or Afke Krikke, just to name a few) would ever even THINK of doing.

No comments: