Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cascade Healthcare (Yes More Bitching About Job Hunting)

On 12/28/2010 I applied for a "Patient Access Admitting Representative" position at the Prineville hospital. My application was rejected/denied the next day

Dear Suellen,

Thank you very much for your recent application to SCHS. We regret to inform you that after reviewing your application, we believe that your skills and experiences do not meet the job requirements for the Patient Access Admitting Representative position. We encourage you to visit our website regularly, to review other positions of interest. If you should locate other positions that you are both interested and qualified for, you may submit your updated application at that time.

Thanks again.

SCHS
Now this leaves me shaking my head in disbelief as I have applied for this exact same position at St Charles Medical Center (also a part of Cascade Healthcare) and at the Redmond hospital (also under the Cascade Healthcare umbrella) at least 6 times over the last year.

How many of those applications were rejected/denied? NONE.

No I didn't get the jobs -- the same as with the other 48 job applications I've put in on the SCHS website (http://www.i-dont-think-so.com/?p=786) in 2010 and 2011-- but they were not rejected

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the Prineville hospital has a need for bi-lingual applicants (even though the job description didn't state that), or perhaps the position was already filled as when I go back to the site (http://www.cascadehealthcare.org/find-a-job/openings.aspx) there are no listings for the position in Prineville.

This is getting old though.  Applications being rejected and interviews being canceled could give a person an inferiority complex!!

No comments: