Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Frustrated Hurt and Angry

For the first time in a long time (well long for me anyway) I am quite astounded, astonished, frustrated, hurt, and very angry with a fellow PTR member.

This person chose to drag this blog into a totally unrelated issue at a site I admin at. He was quite angry at the owner of the site and I don't really blame him at all.

However, he pretended not to know that Suzy and Suellen were one and the same (he's had several support ticket replies from the site in question which were signed by Suellen, the url of this blog--which he has obviously read at least once and considering the fact that I advertise this blog EVERYWHERE he's probably read it way more than once--is suellenjillroley.blogspot.com, and he was a member of Myster-E-Mail which I owned from 2003-2009).

Exactly how many Suellens does he think there are in PTR?? It's a highly unusual name spelled in an unusual way combined with a highly unusual last name.

When I took exception--politely-- to his characterization of the entire blog as rude, he got even angrier with me.

I am not saying that I am always polite here at the blog or in life, but if this person had bothered to read any of my posts since August when I was very very ill (blood clots in the lungs and 3 days in the hospital is a wonderful thing to clear your mind and make you realize how truly unimportant PTR is!) he would realize that things have changed here at the formerly 'rude'  (in his words) blog.

Besides, whether or not I am now or have ever been rude here at this blog has nothing to do with how tickets are answered at the site in question.

I have never been rude to this person--or anybody else for that matter-- in replies to tickets at the site in question or at any of the other four sites I admin at.

I would have been FIRED in a new york nano-second had I been rude to members of  the sites I admin at when replying to support tickets!

What this person doesn't understand is this: the sites I admin at are a business and are treated as such, this blog is personal and does not necessarily hold to the same level of business-like behavior.

In the last 4 months I have chosen to focus this blog away from PTR as stated here: http://suellenjillroley.blogspot.com/2010/08/backing-away-from-ptr.html

The focus of this blog the last 4 months has been: my amazon store, amazon special promotions, my health,  my cats, cleaning my house, counting my blessings, selling antiques and collectibles (offline and on ebay), reminiscing about my father and stepmother, stealing pinecones, my job--in short my real life away from PTR.

The only PTR related posts since August are those about who has paid me and oh yeah I blogged about Schnaap Klicks once, so shoot me!

I had phased out most PTR comments other than who had paid me as far back as June when I was getting ready for the yard sale.

Since I found gainful employment a month ago which is also online (8 hours a day, 5 days a week)  the last thing I really want to do is spend more time sitting in front of the computer clicking or posting in forums.

I can make more in one hour of work than I can in a month at most of the sites I belong to.

To be trashed for posts that were written months ago and that have nothing to do with the site in question is a bit over the top if you ask me.

I do understand that this person is very frustrated with the site in question.

But the site in question has NOTHING whatsoever to do with this blog, and has in fact never even been mentioned by name here (none of the sites I admin at have ever been mentioned by name here unless its in the "who has paid me in whatever month" posts)

People act differently at home than they do at work or in public places (for the most  part anyway) and to expect me to be rude at any of the sites I admin at just because they perceive my *for the most part anyway* justified anger and frustration expressed here as being rude is a bit much IMO

The two issues are totally unrelated and I am very frustrated that this person feels justified in insulting me, denigrating my blog, and being rude to me when I am not the person he has an issue with.

No comments: