Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thank God I Paid For The Page With The Business Account

Otherwise, it would be a case of she says-she says (as opposed to he says, she says).

I paid for a personal page at a site (which shall remain nameless for now, they haven't had time to fix the issue yet) on March 30, 2009.

Then on April 26, 2009 I paid for a 1 year personal page (same page as the March payment, so I assumed that the personal page would be extended) and a 1 year upgrade at the same site.  I won these items in an Ebay auction.

Back in March I was informed via email  from the program owner that the upgrade was ending on March 31, 2010. I kept said email and will post it in its entirety if needs be.

Nothing was said about the personal page at that time. Nothing has been said about the personal page at any time, for that matter.

I discovered today whilst poking around the site that my personal page was taken down at the same time as my upgrade.

And of course I trusted the program owner, she's an old friend.....so I long ago deleted the private messages at GFO back and forth between us about the first payment for the page.

A 3-month personal page at this site costs $4.50 and I paid $5.00 on March 30, 2009 so between the two payments even if the program owner and I had no special agreement about the first payment my page should have remained up until at least June 30, 2010

There's a little voice in my head that is saying we did have a special agreement for my page/payment but of course my copies of the private messages at GFO are again long gone.

So the situation as of 11:30 pm on Sunday April 18, 2010 is that I paid twice for the same personal page.

And yes I understand that the program owner had health issues and a very difficult pregnancy in the last year; however when the second payment was made, my account should have been noted with the extension of an existing page.

If my account WAS noted with the extension of an existing page and the page was still taken down 3 months early (at a minimum)....then why did that happen?

Right now the only bright spot I see is that I made both payments with my PayPal business account, not the PayPal premier account that I closed last year.

I am very thankful for that since that means I can at least prove that I made the payments, if I'd made them with the premier account I'd be up that well known tributary without means of propulsion.

No comments: