Thursday, April 8, 2010

JJ Clix, or Continuing Adventures in Stupidity

I've not been happy at JJ Clix almost since I joined a year and a half ago.  I found it to be a slow earner and the program owner was often publicly rude to members.

But I was stuck there with an affiliate page and an upgrade, so I bit my tongue and did what I had to do.

On the site it said my affiliate page expired on April 5, 2010 and my upgrade expired on April 4, 2010.  Now I didn't understand that anyway since they were both paid for on the same day but that is not my major grumble with JJ Clix.

My upgrade was ended somewhere in the middle of the day on April 3, 2010.

This is a site where the paid to promote (ptp) feature is limited to upgraded members and she ends the access to ptp on the day your upgrade expires.

 I noticed early on April 3, 2010 that I only had 419 ptp credits and I needed 1000 to convert them to cash (80 cents), so I ran fast like a bunny to submit a few upgraded ads for the ptp link before my upgrade expired.  The last time I checked my ptp stats I had 476 credits and all was well in JJ Clix land or so I thought.

I went to check my ptp stats at 6:00 pm my time (9:00-10:00 pm server time) on April 3 and my upgrade had already ended so I no longer had access to the ptp function.

Now to my mind if the site said my upgrade expired on April 4, that meant midnight server time (9:00 pm or 10:00 pm my time) on April 4, 2010--not before 6:00 pm on April 3, 2010. 

I said to Jane Drayton, the PO of this site, that she had ended my upgrade based on Australian time (18 hours ahead of me) not on USA time or server time.

She had the nerve to say to me in one of her exceedingly rude replies to my email about this situation that  my upgrade was ended at the server time.

Explain this then Jane: I contacted a friend via Yahoo IM to complain about the upgrade ending early--and the time of this contact  was 8:30 pm my time (10:30-11:30 pm server time) on April 3, 2010.

And please also explain to me why the post at GFO in the 'moments that make me go arrgh in GPT' complaining that my upgrade had been ended 2 days early was posted at 6:00 pm my time (9:00-10:00 pm server time) on April 3, 2010.

The upgrade was indeed ended on Australian time--almost a full day and a half before it was supposed to end--and then Jane had the stone plated balls to lie about it too.  That is what I find most disgusting about the whole situation

No comments: