Friday, August 26, 2011

Lots of Good News

For those of you that follow this blog, there has been a lot of good news lately. Some of this good news has kept me too damn busy to blog as often as I used to!

1) I found a job in May. Originally only 10 hours per week but in August I got anywhere from 25-35 hours per week, and its online so no commute (oh yeah I walk from the bedroom to the living room, that really kills me NOT!!). The best part is that I love it; there was great training and there is a lot of support from co-workers and supervisors.

If you would like to work online, try Odesk, Clickworker, or Elance.

Odesk pays via PayPal, Payoneer Debit Mastercard (Payoneer fees apply as well as $2.00 charge from Odesk for a Payoneer withdrawal),  Moneybookers ($2.00 fee from Odesk), ACH (direct deposit to USA banks only, no fee), and wire transfers ($30.00 fee to USA banks only).

If you refer a contractor to Odesk you will get $50.00 when that contractor earns $1000.00 (refer an employer, you get the same $50.00 when that employer spends $1000.00) These are one time bonuses, you don't get $50.00 for every $1000.00 the contractor makes or employer spends.

Odesk Employers!
Odesk Contractors

Clickworker -- the page is in German but they welcome those of us who are fluent in other languages too. Most browsers will offer to translate the page for you, but if your browser  doesn't just go to http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ (or a similar translation service) enter the page and it will translate it for you.  I am fluent only in English and had NO trouble at all signing up or navigating their pages.

Clickworker pays via PayPal -- weekly. 

Elance.....check this space later for more details. I just now signed up with them for the purposes of making this post, ROFL!

2) The first of August my new roommate moved in. He is very quiet and very nice (although I do have to nag him a bit).  He works a 10 minute walk or less than 5 minute bike ride from my house so he's happy. I can pay my space rent every month so I am happy (not to mention how happy the park manager is LOL!)

I sold my problematical truck. http://suellenjillroley.blogspot.com/2011/06/consider-your-alternatives.html

I sold it for a lot less than I wanted but then again it died 3 times while we were negotiating.  I still managed to pay one month's space rent (July) out of the proceeds and the roommate's rent paid all but $22.00 of August space rent.

I have nearly all of the supplies for my beading business. I have money in the bank. My health insurance and food benefits were recertified for 2011-2012. I will need to pay $18.00 per month for my health insurance (that's minimal in my opinion, and it covers ALL of my medicines and ALL of my co-pays which given my health is a damn good thing!)

http://suellenjillroley.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-really-hate-being-sick.html
http://www.i-dont-think-so.com/?p=748

Life is going well (knock on wood) and I see it getting better every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Hopefully you have inspired a few more people to try working at home, certainly works for you!